Target audience: All employees, although it will be of most immediate benefit to employees looking for new roles internally or externally.
Learning objective: To encourage participants to embrace networking as a valuable long-term career-management tool.
Participants should finish the course with:
- An appreciation for the fact that you don’t have to be an extrovert to be a good networker
- Ideas for networking that will suit their personal style
- The confidence to start networking via social media
- A map of their current network.
Length: 60 minutes.
These video clips are excerpts from the full course. To see the full course, please request an online demo.
- Why people avoid networking
- Networking approaches for people who don’t like networking
- Online networking
- Targeted face-to-face networking
- Mapping your personal network
- Event networking
- Relationship skills
- Retained employees become more effective networkers, which makes them more effective internally and externally.
- Employees leaving the organisation are better placed to find new opportunities, which makes them feel more supported by, and favourably disposed towards, their employer. (This impacts the net promoter score.)