Kicking Off Your Job Search
Target audience: Employees looking for new roles because they have been impacted by redeployment or redundancy programs. (This is the first of five courses that comprise the Career Ready program.)
Learning objective: To give participants the skills and knowledge they need to start their job search with confidence.
Participants should finish the course with:
- Knowledge about the hidden job market and the importance of social media
- A strategy for managing their job search efficiently
- An understanding of exactly what their skills are and how they can market them for different roles
- Knowledge about how best to work with agencies and internal recruiters
- An understanding of the psychological and emotional challenges they need to prepare to manage.
Length: 60 minutes.
These video clips are excerpts from the full course. To see the full course, please request an online demo.
- Assessing your technical and transferable skills
- Where to find job advertisements and how to decode them
- Working with agencies and internal recruiters
- Using your network
- How to apply for jobs online and by phone
- Getting organised
- The importance of emotional intelligence, and preparing for challenges
- Staying motivated
- Employees feel confident to start their job search quickly, which increases take-up of other outplacement services.
- Higher take-up of outplacement services enhances perception of organisation as supportive employer by exiting and retained employees. (This boosts the net promoter score.)