For Managers & Employees
Target audience: We recommend these complementary courses for all line managers and employees.
Learning objective: To encourage everyone in the organisation to start an ongoing dialogue about careers.
At the conclusion of the courses, participants should:
- Understand why career conversations are so important
- Understand why people avoid career conversations
- Know how to initiate career conversations.
Length: 30 minutes.
These video clips are excerpts from the manager version of the course. To see the full course, please request an online demo.
- How a career conversation differs from a performance appraisal
- Who is responsible for career conversations
- How career conversations promote employee engagement and retention
- Why managers and employees avoid career conversations
- How to organise and start an effective conversation
- Topics to discuss
- Wrapping up conversations and next steps
- During research conducted by Right Management in 2016, surveyed employees indicated that if career conversations were more regular:
- 82% of them would be more engaged with their work
- 78% of them would be more likely to share their ideas
- 76% of them would be more likely to look for opportunities for career growth at their current employer rather than by leaving
- 75% of them would be more likely to stay with their current employer.